Friday, February 20

My Winter Glow

During her recent visit, my friend said my skin is glowing with the Florida sun. While that may be partly true, remember that it's winter here too. My outfit today includes a scarf and wool socks.


No, really- there was FROST on my windshield this morning. This is a record for SW Florida- the coldest Feb. 20th in over 50 years.


We're hibernating, not sunbathing. So why does my face glow?


LITERALLY. Because each night before I go to bed, I apply the most amazing concoction of oils.

I'm far from flawless. My skin is:
a) oily
b) acne-prone
c) dry
d) sensitive
e) blotchy
f) uneven

Somehow, these oils manage to take care of it all.


I bought a couple of carrier oils and some glass bottles from Amazon.com.

My mixture contains:
1. Jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-bah)
2. Tamanu oil
3. Lavender essential oil

The directions also call for Frankincense, but honestly, I forgot that I had it until my brother reminded me that it came in our Starter Kit. So maybe I'll add it now. But up to this point, the results have been amazing with just the carrier oils and lavender.

In addition to applying after I wash my face at night, I also apply a few drops and rub it onto my face in the morning after I get out of the shower. It acts as a primer before I put on my make-up.

The Jojoba has a yellow tint, so I think that helps with the glowing look. But for me, the biggest benefit of this mixture is that it controls my acne and takes care of any dryness or flaking. I've run out of my prescription topical benzoyl peroxide. But as long as this potion keeps working, I won't be scheduling a follow-up with my Dermatologist.

The glow isn't merely cosmetic or biological; I believe that something (or Someone) else shines forth. I'm not physically pregnant like many women who are said to have a "glow." But I am becoming a happier and healthier person, and I think that makes all the difference.

Look to him, and be radiant;
    so your faces shall never be ashamed. - Psalm 34:5

No comments: